Monday, August 4, 2014

Friendship Makes Life Colorful

National Friendship Day is the perfect excuse to make a cute card for a friend!  I was able to make this cute friend card in a snap with Core'dinations Cardstock.  


1) The white card base is 4.5" x 6" of Core'dinations Neutral "Snowflake with the top right and bottom left corners rounded. 
2) I embossed the Core'dinations Whitewash background (4.25" x 5.75") with a Couture Creations Embossing Folder.  
3) The embossed piece was then sanded with Core'dinations Sand It Gadget and dusted with the Dust Buddy to let the blue core show through.


4) I printed my sentiment on Core'dinations Smooth Oval Tags.***

***Tip: When using CoreTags in your printer you are best to print the sentiment out on a piece of paper first to make sure that your sentiment will fit on your tag.  I then attach my CoreTag with semi-permanant adhesive over the already printed sentiment and print the sentiment again.  Always perfect placement when done this way! 

5) Colorful ribbon was then added to the printed tag was glued with ZapDots 1/3 up from the bottom of the card. 

6) The colorful die cut buttons are made from scraps of Core'dinations Cardstock.  Once cut, I ran them through my Xyron X Sticker Maker and sanded/dusted them before adding them to the embossed circles.  


7)  Give the card to a friend and you are sure to make him/her smile!  

Core'dinations Supplies:
Misc. Core'dinations scraps

Other Supplies:
Couture Creations Embossing Folder
Papertrey Ink Button Dies
EK Success Corner Rounder
Xyron Sticker Maker
Helmar ZapDots

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful! LOVING the buttons!!!!!!!!!

Ava Gavloski said...

love this card

vlrbreingan@yahoo.com said...

Wow! I just realized i hadnt told you,my husband of 28 yrs is from Skowhegan,MAINE.hehe,your work is just lovely.thank you for sharing.