Thursday, October 3, 2013

Painting With Chalking Inks

Quick Quotes Chalking Inks are one of my favorite mediums for stamping, distressing and chalking techniques, but I do so love figuring out new and creative ways to use the Chalking Inks!  Today I am sharing my newest way of using the Chalking Inks...painting with them.  This is such a simple technique and it has such a wonderful effect.

I created this cute Halloween card using the Dusty Road 6x6 Paper Pad.


The purples in this line are perfect for a Halloween card, but I needed to pull in some green and orange to compliment the Halloween sentiment I used from the Sentiments Bundles.  I painted Limeade Chalking Ink on the purple/cream striped paper.  The painted background paper and the sentiment are edged in Mango Mai Tai Chalking Ink.

Check out how easy it is to paint with Chalking Inks in my video!



Quick Quotes Supplies:
Mango Mai Tai and Limeade Chalking Ink
Dusty Road 6x6 Paper Pad
Quick Quotes Bundles - Sentiments

Other Supplies:
Core'dinations Black Magic
May Arts Ribbon
Die-namics and Sizzix Dies
Xyron Adhesives

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Tooooooo cute!! LOVING the colors and the eyes!!!!

Ava Gavloski said...

great technique to ramp up your color tones, thanks for sharing katie, very cute card

Connie Mercer said...

great tutorial, didn't think about doing that. Super cute card!!