Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sock Monkey Mini


Meet Reese.  Next Saturday Reese is going to live with Lily's BFF.  Before Reese went to live in his new home he had a few adventures (and some funny commentary).  He has packed his mini album of favorite memories in his suitcase and is ready to go...
he is a very prepared sock monkey!


His suitcase is made from an altoids tin covered in very, very old CM paper and ribbon.  I added a hinge to the tin and
 Gorilla Glued on a buckle to create the handle. 

What is inside the suitcase?








"Monkeying Around Before Hannah" was created simply with some left over cardboard and basic scrapping supplies. I distressed it to get it a "traveled" feeling and bound it using my Bind-it-All. 

Mini Supplies:
Paper ~ Basic Grey 
Alphas ~ Basic Grey, Making Memories, KaiserCraft
Chipboard ~ Cosmo Cricket, Scenic Route
Pearls ~ Queen&Co.
Stackers ~ Pebbles Inc.
Flowers ~ Petaloo


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Katie!
it is amazing
what a awesome gift
love the suitcase

Sara V

Anonymous said...

I love it! I want to make an Altoids tin album now!

down_memory_lane said...

This is just so SUPER CUTE!
I am just loving it,
The suitcase made me crack up, it looks real! You did an awesome job!

Sara L

Unknown said...

So super cute. I love the mini and sock monkeys are my fave.

Jackie said...

Oh this is tooooooo cute!!!

Tanya said...

This is too cute!! Love it :)

Kristina said...

This is too cute for words Katie!!

Sandy H said...

omg!!! This came out so great! Love it love it love it! Most adorable!

Cheryl Boglioli said...

This is an awesome project. How stinkin' cute.